National Park Service

America The Beautiful - National Parks Pass

America The Beautiful - National Parks PassAmerica The Beautiful - National Parks PassAmerica The Beautiful - National Parks PassAmerica The Beautiful - National Parks PassAmerica The Beautiful - National Parks Pass

America The Beautiful - National Parks Pass

Member Price:


Sign In or Join Now to shop member prices.

The America The Beautiful Annual Pass provides access to more than 2,000 recreation areas managed by five Federal agencies, with up to 100% of the proceeds being used to improve and enhance visitor recreation services.

****Please visit Description and Features sections below prior to ordering for important information.****

Free shipping on merchandise orders $25+

Learn about Shipping and Returns

Free ship-to-store with curbside pickup available


A convenient America the Beautiful— the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass is your ticket to more than 2,000 sites of incomparable wonder, from Mt. St. Helens and the Grand Canyon to Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge and Red Rocks National Conservation Area. It covers entrance fees at National Parks and National Wildlife Refuges, as well as standard amenity fees at National Forests, National Grasslands, and lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management and Bureau of Reclamation.

If you’re visiting several areas, the Pass can also save you money. There’s no limit on the number of sites you can see, and each Pass covers entrance or standard amenity fees for a driver and all passengers in a personal vehicle at per-vehicle fee areas (or up to four adults at sites that charge per person).

This pass is not available to print on-demand. The pass will be shipped to you based on your selection in the checkout process. Note: ALL SALES ARE FINAL, NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES - this item cannot be cancelled once order is placed. Passes are non-transferable and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.


What is the America the Beautiful - the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass or "Interagency" Annual Pass? An $80.00 Annual Pass that provides access to more than 2,000 recreation areas managed by five Federal agencies, with up to 100% of the proceeds being used to improve and enhance visitor recreation services.


Who qualifies for the Annual Pass? Anyone 16 years or older may purchase the pass; children under 16 are always admitted free. Each Annual Pass can have up to two "owners".


Where can I use my Annual Pass? Please contact a site directly if you have a question about pass acceptance and fees. The Forest Service, the National Park Service, Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and US Army Corp of Engineers honor the Annual Pass at sites where Entrance or Standard Amenity Fee(s) (Day use fees) are charged.


Bureau of Land Management
Bureau of Reclamation
Fish and Wildlife Service
USDA Forest Service
National Park Service
US Army Corps of Engineers


When does an Annual Pass expire? Whether you buy the pass for yourself, or as a gift, the Annual Pass is valid for 12 months from the month of purchase, expiring the last day of that month.


Can any two people sign an Annual Pass? Yes. The two pass owners do not have to be related or married.


Who is admitted with an Annual Pass? Each Annual Pass admits pass owner/s and passengers in a non-commercial vehicle at per-vehicle fee areas; and pass owner + 3 adults, not to exceed 4 adults, where per-person fees are charged. (Children under 16 are always admitted free). Note: Photo identification will be requested to verify pass ownership.


If I have more than four people in my car, how many passes do I need? One pass covers the vehicle at sites that charge "per vehicle". At "per person" sites, the applicable fee will be charged for each additional person.


My family is traveling in two vehicles; will one Annual Pass let all of us into the site? No. Only the vehicle with the pass owner is covered. The second vehicle is subject to an entrance fee, or must have (or buy) a second pass.


What about motorcycle drivers who purchase an Annual Pass? An Annual Pass permits entrance for two motorcycles IF the two people who sign the pass arrive at the same time on two motorcycles, regardless of the number of people on each motorcycle.


I ride my bicycle into a federal recreation site that charges an entry fee. Can my friends come in with me with my pass? Yes, generally the pass holder and up to 3 other bicyclists can enter for free. Be sure to check with the recreation site you plan to visit before leaving because there can be differences in the way a pass is honored at different sites.


What is NOT covered by the Annual Pass? The Annual Pass does not cover Expanded Amenity fees such as camping, boat launching, parking, special tours, special permits or ferries. Also, some facilities and activities on Federal recreation lands (including those mentioned above) are managed by private concessionaires. The concessionaires charge for their services as any private company does and the Pass is not valid for their services.


If I visited a Federal recreation site and paid the entrance or use fee and I have the receipt, can I trade in the receipt and pay the difference to upgrade to an Annual Pass? Generally, no. When you are making your purchase, you should carefully consider which one of the fee and pass options best suits your needs. National Parks will ONLY upgrade entrance or use receipts from National Parks to an Annual Pass, and will NOT UPGRADE entrance or use receipts from other land management agencies. Any upgrades must be done IN PERSON AT A NATIONAL PARK, within 7 days of the original entry receipt purchase date. Currently, the other five land management agencies (USDA FS, BLM, FWS, Reclamation, USACE) do not upgrade day-use entrance receipts to Annual passes.


If I forget to bring my pass to a site and pay the entrance or use fee, can I mail in the receipt and a photocopy of my pass and get a refund? Refunds are not issued. Pass order confirmation letters, credit card receipts, and hangtags without Passes are not valid for entrance or use.


Can lost or stolen passes be replaced? Is there a way that the serial numbers can be tracked? No. Due to privacy and logistical considerations, passes cannot be replaced if lost or stolen; a new Pass must be purchased.


How do I show my pass at a site that doesn't have an entrance station? At Federal recreation sites that don't have entrance stations you need to display your pass or show proof of pass ownership to compliance officers via one of the two following methods:

HANGTAGS A pass can either be displayed on your rearview mirror using a free hangtag or on your dashboard with the signature side showing. Remember, the hangtag itself is only a way to display your Pass, and is not valid for entry unless it holds a valid Pass.

DECALS If you own an open-topped vehicle (jeep, motorcycle, etc.) you may obtain a free decal to attach to your vehicle that will serve as proof of payment at sites that don't have a staffed entrance station. Decals are issued on annual basis, even for owners of lifetime Senior/Access passes Decals are NOT valid for entry at staffed entrance sites - you MUST show your pass Decals must be obtained in person and you must show the following: your Pass, driver's license and vehicle registration. The name on all three documents must match.

You Might Also Like