Best Of France (Travel Guide, 2nd Edition)
Free ship-to-store with curbside pickup available
Lonely Planet’s Best of France is filled with inspiring and colorful photos, and focuses on France’s most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.
It's your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Embrace the sights and sounds of Paris, sample tangy olives at the weekly market in Provence and explore the vineyards of Champagne – all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of France and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Best of France:
- Full-color images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, wine, sport, politics
- Free, convenient pull-out map (included in print version), plus easy-to-use color maps to help you navigate
Coverage Includes Paris, Loire Valley, Normandy, Brittany, Champagne, Lyon, Provence, Nice, St Tropez, Marseille, Bordeaux, the French Alps and more.
What is a Best Of Country guide? These are shorter, more concise guidebooks compared to Lonely Planet's country guide series. More visually stimulating, they focus on the top sights and most authentic experiences. Perfect if you don’t need accommodation recommendations, they’re packed with expert knowledge, local secrets and carefully crafted itineraries, as well as the most relevant and up-to-date advice.
60+ full-color maps and photos throughout
Highlights and itineraries to tailor your trip
Local travel advice for avoiding crowds and trouble spots
Insider tips to help you save time and money
Survival Guide A-Z: essential information on everything from money and health to visas and emergency phone numbers
Recommendations on eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping and more
|Dimensions||128mm × 197mm|
|Writers||Oliver Berry, Kerry Christiani, Gregor Clark, Damian Harper, Anita Isalska, Catherine Le Nevez, Hugh McNaughtan, Christopher Pitts, Daniel Robinson, Regis St Louis, Nicola Williams|
|Next Edition Due||November 2022|
|Edition Information||2nd Edition May 2019|