Route 66 Road Trips (Travel Guide, 2nd Edition)
Free ship-to-store with curbside pickup available
Discover the freedom of the open road with Route 66 Road Trips. Lonely Planet has selected three amazing road trips through Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona and California, from three day escapes to week-long adventures, and packed them full of expert advice and inspirational suggestions.
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet’s Route 66’s Road Trips. Featuring three amazing road trips, plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you’ll visit along the way, you can search for roadside attractions or dillydally your way through the desert, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's Route 66 Road Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, Link Your Trip
Coverage Includes: Los Angeles, Chicago, St Louis, Kansas, California, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois and more
What is a Road Trip Guide? These guidebooks are suited to travelers who want to explore the best of an area by car. They concentrate on just a handful of road trips, with more space given to destinations you’ll visit along the way, their top sights, activities and tours, and where to sleep, eat and drink.
- Divided into four sections: Plan your trip, Road trips, Destinations, Rules of the road
- Regional highlights and advice to help you plan the perfect trip
- Maps, detailed directions and expert tips for easy navigation
- Full of in-depth reviews, well-kept secrets and local knowledge
|Dimensions||128mm × 197mm|
|Writers||Andrew Bender, Cristian Bonetto, Mark Johanson, Hugh McNaughtan, Christopher Pitts, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Karla Zimmerman|
|Next Edition Due||Oct 2022|
|Edition Information||2nd Edition Feb 2018|